The last day to submit a proposal is Oct. 30.
We are looking for interactive and informative sessions that will attract and stimulate the interests and concerns of school leaders. Discover '18's conference strands are:
1. Diversity - reaching diverse/ELL students, successfully closing the gap of diversity
2. Creating a culture of student achievement - turn around schools, Florida Standards Assessment, student success plans
3. Engagement of students - mental health in schools, behavior management, In School Suspension
4. Engagement of staff - administrators as coaches, teacher evaluations, teacher hiring, teacher retention
5. Communications - PR, marketing your school, positive marketing on social media
6. Leadership skills - leading change, surviving change, learning how to become a leader, changes in laws, accessing new/different resources
7. Technology - new technology, technology integration
What do strong submissions include?
School-based presenters, clear content takeaways with evidence of growth and improvements, engaging presentation, and alignment with FASA conference strands.
How will my submission be graded?
We are looking for interactive and informative sessions that will attract and stimulate the interests and concerns of school leaders. Be creative and inspire your audience to take action when they return to their schools. Sessions are evaluated by our attendees and each year we receive the best reviews from sessions that are interactive with the audience. Applications are reviewed by a conference committee of school leaders.
How much time do I have?
Conference breakout sessions will run for 70 minutes. Sessions should be designed to fit in one hour to give enough time for attendees to settle in and ask questions at the end.
Review Discover '18 RFP Sample Questions
Monday, Oct 2 - Send out Call for Presentations
Monday, Oct 30 - Proposals due to FASA office
Tuesday, Nov 21 - Speakers notified of selection
December - Online registration opens
June 12-14, 2018 - Discover '18 at the Innisbrook Golf Resort
Thank you to our Discover '17 Sponsors: