Read FASA's Constitution here.
FASA 2014 Elections
The Florida Association of School Administrators (FASA) is calling for nominations for the office of President-elect. View the candidate qualifications and requirements for nomination below. It takes many volunteers to ensure the success of FASA and we hope you will consider getting involved in your Association. Nominations must be received by February 1, 2014.
Candidates must be members of FASA for at least three years,
- must have three years administrative experience in Florida,
- must be committed to FASA’s purposes and objectives as outlined in the Constitution and Bylaws,
- must have written statement from school district superintendent acknowledging the individual intends to hold the position and has the support of the district.
- Nominations must be received in FASA office by 5:00 p.m., February 1, 2014,
- must include nominee name, title, work location, district, email, biography and platform statement (200 words max. for each)
- and nominations by petition must submit 50 signatures with at least 50% of signatures from outside the member’s district and must include at least one member from each of the five departments. (Call the FASA office for more about the petition - (850) 224-3626)
Email nomination and all supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northeast Region – Alachua, Baker, Bradford,
Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette,
Levy, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwannee, Union
- Bay, Calhoun, Gadsden, Escambia, Franklin, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson,
Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Taylor,
Wakulla, Walton, Washington
Central Region – Brevard, Charlotte,
Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Orange,
Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter, Volusia
Region – Broward, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands,
Indian River, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St.
| Call for Nominations|| December 2013|
| Deadline for Nominations|| February 1, 2014|
| Slate of Candidates and Ballot Published|| April 1, 2014|
| Ballots Returned|| April 20, 2014|
| Certification and Announcement of Results|| May 1, 2014|
| Installation of Officers and Directors|| June 17-19, 2014|
Download the FASA APPRecognizing
the increasing role mobile phones play in our busy lives, FASA is happy
announce the development of its own mobile app, as part of a plan to
expand and enhance communications with members and administrators. FASA
has partnered with Crescerance, an app development company from Georgia
that helps schools and districts across the country go mobile. Be sure
to download the app today and tell us what you think. All you have to do is go to the Apple App Store (on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad) or to the Android Google Play
(on your Android device) and search for "FASA" or "Florida Association
of School Administrators" to find and download our app and stay
connected to what is going on at FASA.