FASA SUMMER CONFERENCE
Save the Date!2014 FASA Summer Conference
June 17-19, 2014
Hilton Tampa Downtown
Hotel ReservationsMake your hotel reservations. Book online today.
Room rate - $119/night plus tax
SponsorsDon't miss your opportunity to network with nearly 1,000 administrators from all of Florida. Last year's Conference showed a 25% growth over the year before and we are expecting more for 2014.
Check out the options HERE. There is something for everyone and if you think something is missing, contact Crystal Hines at (229) 220-5999.
Call for Presentations
The FASA Summer Conference Committee is requesting proposals for concurrent session presentations at the annual Summer Conference. We hope you will think about the great best practices in your district or school and share the information with others from around the state. Use the information below to submit your proposal for an INTERACTIVE and informative session. Your proposal will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Potential to attract and stimulate the interest and concerns of school leaders
- Clarity of content and session objectives
- Timeliness and relevance to leading education issues
- Capacity to inspire attendees to take action
- Creativity combined with practical application
- Balance between cutting-edge issues and perennial concerns
- Coherency of material
Applications will be selected by a program review committee. Topics of focus for the 2014 conference will include: assessments and EOCs, Common Core State Standards, communications, evaluations, general administration, legislative and legal, pay for performance, and technology.
- November 14, 2013 - Send out Call for Presentations
- December 5, 2013 - Proposals due to FASA office
- December 20, 2013 - Speakers notified of selection
- January 2014 - Online registration opens
- March 2014 - Speaker registration deadline
- March 2014 - PDF file of presentation handouts to FASA
Concurrent sessions will run 75 minutes. FASA will provide a sustainable conference and all presentation handouts will be distributed electronically to all attendees.
Presenters may attend sessions on the day of their presentation at no charge; if attending a luncheon a lunch ticket must be purchased at conference. Presenters who want to attend any other day’s sessions must register at the daily rate or the full conference rate for presenters. Presenters are responsible for all of their own travel related expenses.
FASA policy prohibits the sale of goods or services during the conference sessions. Presenters may not display or distribute brochures or order forms. Referencing or citing a presenter's own publications is acceptable.
Submit Proposal Here